Re: [NTLK] dead upgraded 2000 help

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Tue Mar 02 2004 - 17:26:18 PST

> I've tried all 3 types of reset with the 2000, and it remains
> dead.

For a start, follow the instructions at the beginning of
this page: http://www.pda-soft.de/2x00_disassemble.html
Follow them word by word, letter by letter, don't change a thing
even if you think it can't possibly be that important. It can.

If that doesn't cure things, remove the bottom part of the case
and try removing the ROM board and putting it back in. You might
want to clean the board's contacts with a pencil eraser first.

If the Newton doesn't power up after that, there's probably a
hardware defect. You could send it my way (Germany). I could
try to fix it or put in a new mainboard. If you are not in a
hurry you could also send it to some list member in Florida
who lives close to where the Florida User's Group is going to
meet March 21. If I know the Newton will be there, I can bring a board
and replace it there, that would save some time and shipping
cost.

Frank

-- Newton Software and Hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de