Re: [NTLK] Setting up a board

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Mar 02 2004 - 17:49:34 PST

I agree.
A board is an active medium...it's value only exists
when people make a conscious effort to visit. And
since I'm lazy, I prefer a passive medium...something
that comes to me...like email...and since I'm on my
email 10-15 hours a day, it's very passive for me...I
belong to a dozen boards...the only ones I'm active on
are those who send out emails...the others? well...I
don't know if my log-in works anymore...
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Frank Gruendel <fg2_at_pda-soft.de> wrote:
> > I could install a board on a usefull web-address
>
> > Is a board meningful?
>
> I, for one, don't see any sense in setting such a
> board up.
> This list is about perfect for solving any Newton
> problem
> that might possibly arise. I doubt that I would
> visit
> another board. Of course, your mileage may vary.
>
> Frank
>
> -- Newton Software and Hardware at
> http://www.pda-soft.de

=====
In 1913, Lee De Forest was prosecuted by U.S. government officials
for claiming to potential investors that his company, RCA, would soon be
able to transmit the human voice over the Atlantic Ocean. The
prosecuting officials argued that his claim was so utterly ridiculous
that he was surely ripping off investors. He was ultimately released
but not before being admonished by the judge to stop making any more
fraudulent claims.