Re: [NTLK] Newton Board

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Mar 04 2004 - 00:20:30 PST

And you know what's funny?
Whenever we get a sudden influx of new users to this
list, this topic invariably pops up! It takes a while
for the n00bs to appreciate the subtlty of
Newtoneering.
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net> wrote:
> You know, ThisOldNewt also has a board feature--it
> isn't used much.... I
> think that really, the passive nature of NTLK is
> much preferable to us lazy
> Newton users.... It's a de facto sort of thing, not
> a conscious effort....
> --
> -Jon Glass
> Krakow, Poland
> <mailto:jonglass_at_usa.net>

=====
In 1913, Lee De Forest was prosecuted by U.S. government officials
for claiming to potential investors that his company, RCA, would soon be
able to transmit the human voice over the Atlantic Ocean. The
prosecuting officials argued that his claim was so utterly ridiculous
that he was surely ripping off investors. He was ultimately released
but not before being admonished by the judge to stop making any more
fraudulent claims.