Re: [NTLK] Panther Package Installer

From: Travis N (fizikci_at_verizon.net)
Date: Sun Mar 07 2004 - 15:03:51 PST

Hello david,

I am not a guru, but you can see my recent post concerning this here:

http://www.newtontalk.net/archive/newtontalk.2004-03/0426.html

In OS X you can use NewTen as you have discovered. One can also use
NCU (Newton connection Utilities) through Classis or Escale (or
Delivery [part of Escale in some fashion I think]). You can get NCU
from www.unna.org and Escale from www.kallisys.com under the DCL
project. ( http://www.kallisys.com/newton/dcl/ ). You will have to use
it via Appletalk at first, as you need to install the accompanying Dock
addition to use TCP/IP alone.

With these packages, the steps in my other post should get you there.

-travis n

If your face were depicted in this fashion only once, no one would ever
be able to forget you ... For if a lover's face survives emblazoned on
your heart, the world is still your home.

-from "My Name is Red" by Orhan Pamuk