Re: [NTLK] exNewt (long, very)

From: Eckhart Köppen (eck1001_at_gmx.net)
Date: Wed Mar 10 2004 - 14:03:14 PST

On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 23:53:25 +0100, Manuel Probsthain wrote:
> BTW Eck, anything to say about the upcoming 7700? Would it compete to
> the Newt or is it more of a good addition? When does it finally hit the
> market?

Well, I can't really say anything bad about it, can I ;)?

If I would get it subsidized as part of a phone contract, I probably
wouldn't mind. The screen is definitely nice, and iSync syncing will
sooner or later be possible... on the minus side, I think that the PIM
functionality provided by the Newton is still the best out there, and
the 7700 is a side talker. The good thing in the mobile phone world is
that with the current release cycles, it is no big problem to skip the
1.0 releases and wait for the improved versions (the 7700 is the first
Series90 phone).

Personally, I still prefer the Newton + basic cell phone combination,
especially with Bluetooth.

Eckhart