[NTLK] LAPTAP.exe + Quickport = Quick Note Transfer!

From: Eric Engle (engleerica_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Mar 11 2004 - 08:00:10 PST

From the club 100 (trs model 100 - the computer as a child I dreamed of...) I
discovered this really nifty data transfer program called LAPTAP.exe

I had always wanted to get telnet and quickport to work together, but for
whatever reason it never happened.

With laptap though: WOW! Quick, clean: ASCII in and ASCII out!

What prompted this? Well, my RTF transfer for some reason is not working on
NCU! Which would be distressing were it other than ascii but the text isn't
formatted. But NCU only recognizes COM1 (I'm on XP and COM2 is my mouse so...
but at least under windows 98 it would offer com2 as a choice, even though it
was occupied).

Anyway, I'm on nice terms with our sysadmin and I'll ask him about it on
monday. Strangely, a soft reset and reboot of my dog, I mean windows computer,
did -not- fix this problem. Still, just curious, what could cause data to just
hang and disconnect? Plain text dumps to the emate worked fine.

Oh, here's a fantasy: a newton 2100 in an emate. Wonder if that could actually
be done?

Back to quickporting...