Re: [NTLK] Received a suspicious e-mail about a Newton survey.

From: Michael Blazer (m.blazer_at_utoronto.ca)
Date: Thu Mar 11 2004 - 12:08:28 PST

Quoting kareljansens <kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be>:

> I did some research and they apparently do exist:
>
> http://www.stonemultimedia.com/
>
> But what in the name of all that's green they have to do with Newton sure
> beats me.

I agree -- their business doesn't seem to have anything to do with doing market
research or surveys. And the grammar of the e-mail is too weird to be from
anyone whose stock in trade is communicating in English. On the other hand, it
seems like a very inefficient way of gathering addresses for spammers. So I'm
puzzled.

> Anyone in Canada feels like giving them a call? I am not sufficiently
> interested to blow an international call on it.

I can drive right by that address on my way home from work, so I can at least
check whether it's a commercial or residential building. I probably won't stop
to snoop around, though -- I'll have my 3-year-old with me, so I don't want to
drag her into anything too cloak-and-dagger!

Michael