[NTLK] DataRescue [was Re: help??]

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Thu Mar 11 2004 - 13:21:19 PST

>Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 22:43:53 -0500
>Subject: Re: [NTLK] help??
>From: Laurent Daudelin <laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net>
>
>on 10/03/04 22:07, James Nichols at smilr_at_mac.com wrote:
>[...]
> > I need an emergency way to backup my notes - I have an SER installed,
> > and can use it with my keyboard for MINIMAL navigation, I also have
> > access to parts of the very rightmost edge of the tough sensor - so I
> > can hit the up/down nav buttons, and hit the Dock program's icon in my
> > button bar.

DataRescue starts a connection when the card it's on is inserted. From the
desktop you can then either install packages or backup all stores (I use
NBU), maybe with other tools export the data, too. What tools that might be
- no clue, sorry.

> > I would ideally like to be able to get newtVNC working in server mode -
> > I can launch it from DashBoard, and can change ANYTHING but the radio
> > check mark of veiwer / server - so close yet so far.

No clue, mate.

> > The actual notes are stored on a linear flash pcmcia card - is there
> > any sort of driver or program that will let me browse it's contents
> > from a Mac os 9 powerbook?

Any way (DataRescue) to back up to desktop and then browse the backup file?

> > Any way anyone can think of to get this thing to back up my notes
> > (nsync is installed, but I can't start it :( ... ) ?

Backing up ain't the prob, it's accessing the data after backup.

DJV.