Re: [NTLK] Hi, I'm New Here!

From: Ikem Nzeribe (zen18723_at_zen.co.uk)
Date: Thu Mar 11 2004 - 17:32:23 PST

Here's a laugh: i was sat in an airport in Berlin, and took out my
Newton, and the woman sat next to me said: "Wow! What is one of those?
It's an Apple? I work for Apple! Do we make those..?" Not anymore
(thanks, Steve.)
I was so blown away by the 130s, I bought the entire stock the Mac guy
had, for fear I would never see one again, lol! Naturally, I found out
later there are communities that support it.
Panther problems: it's impossible for me to N*Sync/ Escale over
ethernet in OS X. Funnily, I could under 10.1. Then I heard something
about sh*tty implementation of TCP/IP on Panther? Basically, it is
beyond my abilities to fix this. My hardware is good, as i connect
nicely over OS 9. Maybe I need to spend a weekend to configure it all.
It is surely worth it, as I want to WiFi on this box. WiFi on Newton is
a benchmark of the post-Apple era! I must acheive.
My Bluetooth is not up yet. I gotta switch mobile phone companies (yes,
it is worth it for me) from 3 (ha!) to Orange. I think Eckhart (Mr.
Blunt) said my SonyEricsson T68i is the phone from Hell for this, so
I'll do a Nokia. My data card is also corrupted I think, so I have to
wipe it and re-install my software. I have a PICO card. So I have to
do it from the ground-up.
Where in the UK are you?

Ikem.