Re: [NTLK] weird HWR problem

From: Peter H. Coffin (hellsop_at_ninehells.com)
Date: Fri Mar 12 2004 - 10:24:40 PST

On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 03:03:06PM -0300, Marcus Andree S. Magalhaes wrote:

> <snip>
> > but it IS in the standard layout! It just takes two keystrokes... opt-`
> > then shift-e makes "È".
> >
> <snip>
>
> Sorry, I was referring to the on-screen keyboard. Should have made it
> clear. ;) You're right, anyway.

Okay, four taps. [option], [`], [shift], [e]. Or [option], ['], [shift],
[e] for the other accent.

Any diacritical you see on the option keyboard or shift-option keyboard
display can be put on any appropiate character using this method. If you
want a "ÿ" for example, option u y makes it.

For words with these diacriticals that you use often, you can make a
word expansion that does it, using the wordlist found at the bottom left
of the on-screen keyboard. Make a "a/nimo -> ánimo" expansion, for
example, and tell the handwriting recognition (Preferences, Handwriting,
Options, Letter Shapes) that you make "/" bottom to top so it never gets
confused about what shape you're making.

--
78. I will not tell my Legions of Terror "And he must be taken alive!" The
    command will be "And try to take him alive if it is reasonably practical."