Re: [NTLK] weird HWR problem

From: Phil Dokas (phil_at_stereoboy.org)
Date: Sun Mar 14 2004 - 11:13:35 PST

On Mar 14, 2004, at 12:36 PM, Manuel Probsthain wrote:

Hi all, I'm new to this list with the recent purchase of a good MP2100
on ebay. I'm looking for knowledge into the more advanced techniques
of the handwriting recognition.

> I always have problems with the [Return] gesture.
> They all turn to "J"s :(

I have this same problem, and I've also enabled cursive recognition and
configured all of my letter shapes but I've got a few questions. I
noticed that the Learn My Handwriting option is only available for
cursive mode. How exactly does this option work? Is there a negative
effect when it interprets a word incorrectly and how can I correct its
mistakes in such a way that it learns from my corrections?

Also, I've read a few things which hint towards gestures in the HWR
interface. For instance, is there a gesture that I can make that
capitalizes/decapitalizes a word? I know about the double-tap
correction which usually includes a cap'ed version, but is there a
single gesture I can do?

Thanks all, I'm very excited with my Newton and I want to learn all
there is to it.

--
+ phil dokas! -- phil_at_stereoboy.org
+ http://stereoboy.org/