Re: [NTLK] weird HWR problem

From: James Nichols (smilr_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Mar 14 2004 - 13:14:51 PST

On Mar 14, 2004, at 1:13 PM, Phil Dokas wrote:

> Also, I've read a few things which hint towards gestures in the HWR
> interface. For instance, is there a gesture that I can make that
> capitalizes/decapitalizes a word? I know about the double-tap
> correction which usually includes a cap'ed version, but is there a
> single gesture I can do?

I can only think of two other ways of capitalizing a word:

1) write over the first letter with a block-style capital letter and it
should replace it with uppercase...

2) Highlight the word, draw a vertical line on top of the left most
letter in the word, this must start below the dark highlight box, and
end above it. This will capitalize the first letter for you, you can
make the same mark over the center of a highlighted word to turn it
into ALL caps, or downward strokes to de-capitalize.

Considering that three taps on a word to capitalize / decapitalize it
is generally faster than number 2) [unless you are interested in
changing it to / from all caps] you might do best with number 1),
assuming you can accurately write over a letter faster than you can tap
thrice.

---