[NTLK] Looking for diary application

From: Goodwin, Greg (GoodwinG_at_aafes.com)
Date: Tue Mar 16 2004 - 09:40:41 PST

>Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 10:07:36 -0500
>Subject: Re: [NTLK] looking for diary application
>From: Peter Cameron <pdwc_at_sympatico.ca>

>on 16/03/04 5:58 AM, Dave Bellamy at dave_bellamy_at_mac.com wrote:
> Is there a Newt application that acts like a diary/ journal/ log
> Notes would seem like a logical choice for this purpose. You could put
>all the diary notes in their own category and each one is conveniently time
>and date-stamped.

>Peter

   Just remember to go ahead and place the date at the top of the note. When you duplicate the message or move it the date changes, and that can make a diary REALLY confusing!

   But I generally do note pad and voice notes when I do my diary on the Newton. Of course these days that is all different. I used real books again. Even the Newton proved to be interesting... over the long term, cards failed, and if they didn't, I just had to print the information anyway. Why not write directly on paper for longterm things?

    I've generally noticed that most information on electronic media, especially the internet, is fluid. You place it there, and it is there until the medium goes away. The only way to ensure the continual access to that information is backups, and copying.. copying.. copying that information.

    Think of the internet five years ago verses today. Many websites have come and gone, the information has changed, and some that have gone away were not outdated to speak of.

    Yeh, electronic media is good for what you don't want to keep long term in my book. Which is paper. ;)

    Doctor Clu