Re: [NTLK] Mail V Qs for Simon - using Newted Community IMAP

From: Simon Bell (simonbell_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Mar 16 2004 - 09:59:57 PST

On 16 Mar, 2004, at 2:57 pm, Calvin Grier wrote:

> If I use my Newted Community account for getting IMAP mail, can I use
> a totally separate account for sending mail?

Yes, the SMTP and IMAP settings are totally independent.

> I'm also assuming there's a "reply to" address that would make emil
> exchange easier for someone using two accounts in this way.

Yes again, if you have more than one e-mail address in your owner card
they are listed under the owner/worksite picker in the routing slip -
you can choose which identity you want to assume.

I know Mail V is already used with newted accounts, so I hope you
shouldn't have any difficulty.

Simon