Re: [NTLK] IMPORTANT: Newton Revival Imminent

From: Thomas Hart (those_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Mar 17 2004 - 05:56:32 PST

I am as anxious as anyone to see a new Newton with all the mod cons,
but it seems that with tablet PCs (for as grotesque as they are) the
idea is not to create a computer-like handheld, but a handheld
computer. Anil pointed me to oqo.com. That kind of thing makes sense to
me. Why have an extra device? Why not one to rule them all ;-} ?
Something you can write on, with a screen large enough to be useful,
that is not a go-between, but your only computer. When you're home just
drop it in a dock, when you're out just pull out the pen.

And just think. If Apple made an oqo sort of thing with a G5 processor
in it, and called it the Apple Core, we would all be able to identify
fellow users by the hole that the processor had burned through their
left palm! If you ever wondered if the person across from was a user
you could just hold up your mangled appendage and say "Core?" to which
they could respond by holding up theirs and saying "And how!"

Thomas