Re: [NTLK] Strange Character?

From: Jonathan Ramos (imagraphicstudios_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Mar 20 2004 - 10:43:59 PST

Hi Guys,

I'm on digest mode. I check my email, only about once a day but not
always at the same time. So I usually go away, do work, disappear,
relax, etc, then check my email but reply to work and personal emails
first. By that time, I get to 2 to 3 digests in my inbox by then. I read
them all first before chiming back in Most times, someone answers a
question I have or answers a question that I have an answer for before I
can reply to the list.

So just if anybody was still wondering about my trivial musings...

I am a graphic designer and have also been a mac user since before
Illustrator 88 (as in 1988 but version 2 for you detail hounds). I know
by heart the key commands for all the usual alternate characters
including accents and symbols. Here's proof that I can type and read
them on my mac: á é í ó ú Á É Í Ó Ú à è ì ò ù À È Ì Ò Ù ä ë ï ö ü ÿ Ä Ë
Ï Ö Ü

newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net wrote:

>Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 06:55:25 +0100
>From: "Berthe M. Willumsen" <bmw_at_biobase.dk>
>Subject: Re: [NTLK] Strange Character? was Re: Restore teaser: 'EnRoute
>
>I didn't. I copied from the readme file in simple
>text - there it was a TM (trademark) symbol....
>
>On my Danish keyboard I can, however type what I
>now se in the message from you: A capital A with
>a little ring above it. In HTML it it
>'ambersand-aring-semicolon'.

"Å"