Re: [NTLK] Dictionaries and 'check spelling as you type'

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Mon Mar 22 2004 - 11:23:58 PST

Aux environs du 22/03/04 à 11:12 -0600, sous le titre "[NTLK]
Dictionaries and 'check spelling as you type'", James Nichols prit sa
plus belle plume pour écrire les mots suivants:
>Okay - I did a little digging in the archives and still didn't find an
>are there any packages (likely a dictionary one) that add spelling
>check as you type style features to notepad? I'm thinking of things
>along the lines of microsoft word or textedit in os 10 - perhaps a grey
>squiggle underneath misspelled words on 2.1 devices?

Like what alt.rec.... provides for example?

http://www.kallisys.com/newton/alt.rec..../

Sheesh. This web page is really old.

You can set words not in dictionary appear in outline style (you can
then add them to the dictionary by invoking the menu by tapping the
word twice and then by pressing the dict icon or give them their
plain style by tapping the crossed dict icon).

Anyway. It does it and it does work if you use the printing
recognizer. If you use Paragraph, it may or may not freeze your
Newton after the second or third (or fourth) word you write. It's a
well known bug I haven't found the time to fix because it's very
close to the bottom of my to-do list, under the sleep more line.

Paul

--
Philosophie de baignoire - consultations sur rendez-vous.
NPDS/NewtonOS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/