Re: [NTLK] Racism On The Board (Was "Any Idea Why")

From: Peter H. Coffin (hellsop_at_ninehells.com)
Date: Tue Mar 23 2004 - 14:57:36 PST

On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 10:03:52PM +0000, Ikem Nzeribe wrote:
> This is what you missed from my witty "friend" Jared Bland:
>
> "I don't want to go back to the auction - but are you sure it's in
> USDollars and not African Zazafroomonkies. You know, those are like
> 5000 per dollar."
>
> Oh, he is a real poet, no less!

He's wrong. Zambian Kwachas have only sagged down to 4685 to the dollar
these days. He's guilty of imprecision and having a bias against
currencies that are valued at more than a order of magnitude away from
his own. How you can jump from that to a presumption of skin color based
on *email* confuses me.

--
41. Once my power is secure, I will destroy all those pesky time-travel
    devices.