Re: [NTLK] Scratches, NuShield and Klear Screen

From: Mark Ross (markr13_at_comcast.net)
Date: Thu Mar 25 2004 - 19:09:39 PST

Holy Smokes!!! I leave on a business trip for 2 freakin' days and this
happens! Sheeesh! Anyway, I hope I can clear up some mysteries.
We have NuShields to fit any Newton. We offer them in anti-glare and
clear for the 2000 series, antiglare only for the MP130 and clear only
for the older models, including the MP110. The reason for the different
films is that the anti-glare films will cause a lower light
transmission and require the use of the back light more. However, they
hide fingerprints well and prevent sun glare. The newer Newtons use a
screen that prevent Newton rings, an optical distortion effect. Our
clear film has an anti-Newton ring treatment to prevent this.
Therefore, both films work on the MP130 and later 2000 models, while
only the clear works on the older 100, 110, 120 models. I hope that
isn't too confusing. We also have them for the eMate as well in
anti-glare only.

So, if you want maximum clarity, go with the clear version. If you want
to hide finger prints and prevent glare and don't mind turning on the
back light more often, use the anti-glare model (where available).

Klear Screen is a product that uses a non-alcohol based cleaner and a
dry polishing cloth to clean even very sensitive optics such as coated
monitors. These are recommended by Apple for their monitors and other
equipment. They do not fill in scratches.
NuShield films will help with HWR on a scratched screen since you will
no longer feel the scratches when you write. They may help hide them a
bit as well.

NuShield films, thanks to all the testers in this list, will last from
3-6 months, depending upon how hard you use your Newt and how picky you
are about screen scratches. I have never gotten more than 3 weeks out
of a WriteRite, so gauge your milage accordingly. We offer them in a
four pack that should last over one year of hard use.

I hope that answers all the questions, but I can't speak for dousing
your Newt in Dom Perignon.

-
Mark Ross
markr13_at_comcast.net

Need a Screen Protector to keep your Newton in tip top shape?
Go to <http://www.NuShield.com> for NuShield screen protectors.
Don't leave your Newt Naked!
Phone/Fax/Voicemail: (800) 761-2646

-