Re: [NTLK] Newton MPEG Support

From: Eric Schneck (eschneck_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Mon Mar 29 2004 - 13:08:34 PST

>From: Eric Engle (engleerica_at_yahoo.com)
>Date: Mon Mar 29 2004 - 12:43:49 PST
>
>Lee Moon early on did a quicktime type of animator - but I can never find any
>information on him (I hope he is still alive)... and his demo acts like it was
>for NOS 1.1 because on 2.x it doesn't seem to work.

>The other animation thing I've seen basically works as follows: import series
>of pictures into newton book with newton press (not paperback thats for sure).
>Then the viewer "flips through them" - but no sound AFAIK

There is also NewtonMovieConverter, which runs on MacOS 9 (and maybe X) and converts any QuickTime-compatible movie into a format that can be compiled into a Newton package. Source code (in RealBasic) is available at:

http://www.unna.org/unna/macos/NewtonMovieConverterRC3a.sit

Several converted movies are available; see the .pkg files at
http://www.unna.org/unna/movies/commercials/

Eric