Re: [NTLK] Newton MPEG Support

From: Luiz Petroni (lpetroni_at_compassoarte.com.br)
Date: Mon Mar 29 2004 - 13:43:53 PST

It was Brad Tober from Handshake Companies.

The URL (www.handshakecompanies.com) is a dead .Mac link.
Did not try the email: handshakecompanies_at_mac.com

He was working with Lee code and was on version 2.0 of this Newton
Movie Player.

I have a compiled "Gotham" Newton Movie (~2.5MB).
Plays ok on my MP2100 / 16grays with mono sound.

Maybe someone could try to contact him asking if he would release it as
open source?

Here is the readme file:
------------------------

"Gotham" Newton Movie version 1.0
Featuring Newton Movie Player 2.0
©2002 Handshake Software
original Newton Movie Player ©1997 Lee Moon

This folder contains a Newton Movie version of the "Gotham" Newton
commercial by Apple Computer.

A MP2x00 is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to play this movie.

TECHNICAL INFORMATION: This Newton Movie features 16 grays, 160x120
resolution, and 22.05 kHz mono 16 bit audio.

I recommend installing this movie with an Ethernet connection and
playing it with all non-essential packages frozen on your Newton.

NOTE: In order to experience this Newton Movie in the best possible
manner, you must adjust your Newton's contrast until you can no longer
see a gradient in the button bar. This is to make up for the heavy
usage of dark grays in this Newton Movie.

This package has been released as FREEWARE to the Newton Community.
Enjoy!

Brad Tober
Handshake Software, a subsidiary of Handshake Companies
e-mail: handshakecompanies_at_mac.com
Visit us at http://www.handshakecompanies.com