Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V4 #189

From: Mark Rollins (mark_at_mrollins.com)
Date: Tue Mar 30 2004 - 02:06:48 PST

On 3/30/04 1:13 AM, "newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net" <newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net>
wrote:

> From: "Mike R. Manzano" <alephx01_at_mac.com>
> Subject: [NTLK] Speech Recognition
> Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 15:36:28 -0800
>
> Do I remember this right... Dragon's speech recognizer was never
> actually released for Newton and is not available, correct?
>

> Mike R. Manzano
> alephx01 (at) mac (dot) com

There's some VERY old threads on this, where I spoke to a programmer at
Dragon (I wish I could've gotten the "Talk to Newton" ad campaign poster in
his office) but that was a dead end.

I also contacted the new owners of Dragon (Leneart-Hausie (SP?)) as well as
the original Dragon founders, urging either to release this as unsupported
freeware.

All dead ends, so unfortunately we will probably never know how well this
worked.