[NTLK] Brainwipes (Was: Re: Button Bar Question)

From: Zachery Bir (zbir_at_urbanape.com)
Date: Tue May 04 2004 - 07:33:33 PDT

On May 4, 2004, at 10:12 AM, Robert Benschop wrote:

> Actually, Brainwipes are a healthy thing. Not only do you tend to skip
> what you don't need but they will often cure small ailments of your
> Newt, especially speed because you remove any fragmentation.

Do brainwipes cause the Newton's ID to change? I ask because I had done
a brainwipe on my u2000 a while back, and while trying to install the
ATA support package, it prompted me with a different Newton ID than the
one I registered. I sent a note to Paul, but wanted to see if anyone
else had noticed this behavior. I made certain that the System patch I
had applied was the same. Memory Info says I'm at (710031)-1, so that
was preserved across the brainwipe.

Zac