[NTLK] How do you program the overview arrows?

From: Jack Burks (dumbstart_at_satx.rr.com)
Date: Wed May 05 2004 - 15:59:46 PDT

Can the Newton users help one of their own,

I'm working hard over here trying to come up with the next big thing for the
Apple Newton, but I can't seem to find a way to handle the Overview buttons
(overview, up, and down arrows) thru NTK. What I have is a protoDatePicker
that I'd like the arrows to move forward and backward through the dates, and
the overview to have a new box open that alerts the user to specific dates.
Is this possible even though it's not a newtApp? Any help would be
appreciated, I'd like to release this latest piece of software very soon but
not until I feel like I've put all my ideas into it.

I've finally released a new version of Planks (simple puzzle game for the
Newton) along with the Windows NTK files and text source code on my site,
http://www.dumbstart.com <http://www.dumbstart.com/> . I'm going to upload
another game that I just started working on (very simple but easy enough to
waste time with) in the next few days once I figure out what I changed that
stops it from being random. I moved the site to www.spymac.com
<http://www.spymac.com/> , but unfortunately they've been unable to restore
my FTP access so I've had to move back to the original site so expect more
frequent updates, including the mini-reviews and more new free software.

If anyone wants to create some icons for my latest unreleased program please
contact me off-list, I have nothing to offer but gratitude and credit given
in the programs about box. Thanks for reading.

Jack Burks