Re: [NTLK] More brainwipe paranoia

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Wed May 05 2004 - 17:11:18 PDT

Zachery Bir wrote:

> I've got an upgraded 2000 (shows MessagePad 2100 under my IC door), and
> my Memory Info says System RAM 3984K. However, my internal storage
> looks like this:
>
> Used: 1454K
> Free: 273K
>
> That doesn't seem to jibe with the FAQ:
>
> "The MP2000 memory consists of 1MB of DRAM, and 4mb of Flash RAM. The
> MP2100 memory (and upgraded MP2k) consists of 4MB of DRAM, and 4Mb of
> Flash RAM."

The System RAM reported is the amount of DRAM, not the amount of flash storage
on Internal.

It's probably that you have a badly fragmented internal store that is in need
of a rebuild. There is actually a tool that will show you how bad it is,
called PieChart:

http://www.unna.org/view.php?/utilites/PieChart1.0

It basicially gives you an overview of what's installed and how much it is
taking up. It also represents this as a pie chart. When you view the chart,
it will total up what the system reports is being used vs. what should be
free, and the part that should be free will be the flashing part of the pie
chart. Try it out...