[NTLK] More brainwipe paranoia

From: Zachery Bir (zbir_at_urbanape.com)
Date: Wed May 05 2004 - 14:13:42 PDT

Hey, all.

So, I'm finally getting my Newton back in full working order. Figured
out my own bone-headedness about the ATA registration and I've got
Blunt working and my WaveLAN card going again.

One thing that I'm noticing now that I've never noticed before is that
I have to be super conscientious now when it comes to internal storage
allocation. I don't remember having to be so careful before my
brainwipe, and I'm just a little paranoid that I mighta done "something
bad".

I've got an upgraded 2000 (shows MessagePad 2100 under my IC door), and
my Memory Info says System RAM 3984K. However, my internal storage
looks like this:

  Used: 1454K
  Free: 273K

That doesn't seem to jibe with the FAQ:

"The MP2000 memory consists of 1MB of DRAM, and 4mb of Flash RAM. The
MP2100 memory (and upgraded MP2k) consists of 4MB of DRAM, and 4Mb of
Flash RAM."

Did I screw something up when I brainwiped my machine? I don't remember
letting out any magic smoke, but I suppose it's possible. :^\

Zac