[NTLK] [OT] Newton, PocketPC & Palm

From: Nick M. (crystal_castle_at_m6.dion.ne.jp)
Date: Sun May 09 2004 - 16:50:20 PDT

Hello all,

I've noticed a few posts a while back in passing mentioning how "evil"
PalmOS was. I was wondering about PocketPCs then, as I haven't seen
anyone talking about them.
I was just in Guam over the last Golden Week, and I picked up an iPaq
5450 for $200. $200 got me BlueTooth, WiFi, 64Megs RAM & a 400Mhz proc.
It's also the model which uses fingerprint recognition as a password to
get in. I also have a Palm Tungsten C which cost quite a bit more and
has WiFi built in. No BlueTooth though :^(
Don't get me wrong though, I love the Green. I have a 2100, an 130, a
100 & an eMate... I also have a collection of Macs in the
double-digits.

In the interest of becoming a more well-rounded person :^) ..how
exactly is Palm evil, in peoples opinions? Are PocketPCs also evil? Is
anyone out there using a Portfolio?

/nickm