Re: [NTLK] [OT} THIS IS A NEWTON PDA WEB SITE NOT A SEX FORUM. LEAVE IT NOW!

From: Mike Burrell (mburrell_at_stny.rr.com)
Date: Thu May 13 2004 - 08:54:17 PDT

> Morals: (n) Motivation based on ideas of right and wrong.

My little dictionary states it this way: Moral: of or concerned with right
conduct.

> Tell me Mike, where does God and The Bible come into the argument?

Where doesn't God come into consideration?

> Morals are absolute if you accept the Koran as Allah's word.
>
> Morals are absolute if you accept the bhagavad gita as Krsna's word.
>
> Morals are absolute if you accept blah blah...

Are you saying these others should be considered first or also?

> Morals are based on individual or societal ideologies, not 'the word of
> God'.

We're learning what happens when morals are defined by society. In fact,
other 'civilizations' have previously learned the hard lesson and no longer
exist. Ancient Egypt and Rome, for example. You'd think we'd take a lesson
from history.