Re: [NTLK] [OT} THIS IS A NEWTON PDA WEB SITE NOT A SEX FORUM. LEAVE IT NOW!

From: Anton Aylward (anton_at_the-wire.com)
Date: Sun May 16 2004 - 08:50:10 PDT

On Thu, 2004-05-13 at 11:54, Mike Burrell wrote:

> > Morals are based on individual or societal ideologies, not 'the word of
> > God'.
> >
> We're learning what happens when morals are defined by society. In fact,
> other 'civilizations' have previously learned the hard lesson and no longer
> exist. Ancient Egypt and Rome, for example. You'd think we'd take a lesson
> from history.

The Roman civilization lasted over 1,000 years and left a heritage as a
legal system -- which is a basis for enforcing morals -- that is still
in use today. Egyptian civilization is documented as lasting for a few
thousands of years.

America has only been in existence for 200 years.

The KJV Bible is less than 400 years old.

You're not making a meaningful comparsion.

--
Anton Aylward <anton_at_the-wire.com>