Re: [NTLK] Nitro an T39m connects to the Internet

From: noiseiskinky (grliot_at_tiscalinet.it)
Date: Sat May 15 2004 - 16:47:22 PDT

Hi Eckart, hi all

I've installed latest packages (nHttp, neo, nitro...) and that's what
happen:
1: NC/VC installed on expansion card - sending a vcard from my
cellphone cause a Newton reset, then it restart and simply show a
generic error message saying Newton resetted due to a generic error
system
2: installed NC/VC on newton internal memory, sending a vcard seem to
function, InBox show the received vcard, then putting away a dialog
show that IC/VC trasfer vcard to names card then Newton restart, but
maybe thanx to transactional nature o Newton soups vcard is
trasnferred. At restart again newton show a message saying a generic
system error has resetted Newton.
3: I've tryed to directly talk to my cellphone using pt100 (in the same
way I've used zterm on mac) configuring a direct serial connecton, both
via irda and via serial port and tryed to send at commands (with zterm
it works then I've tought I could try the same on Newton and a terminal
emulation program) but nothing happen, cellphone don't respond. If I
try this after I've sent a vcard Newton show a message box sayng irda
port is busy.

I don't think irDA port is defetive because beaming with my friend's
newtons (we are 7 and forming a small NUG here in Pisa :)) it works.
Anyway exchanging vcard with my cell phone show irda is working (i
suppose irda is intrinsecly bidirectional because it has to ACKnoledge
something during communicaton, or I'm wrong?)

Now I really don't know what I've to do (i'm meditating an hard reset
and a slow - package per package - reinstall of everything I need/use.
But there is a way to discover - if it's the case - conflictong
packages?
How can i delete
caches/preferences/residual/everythingrelatedtoanuninstalledpackage ?

And what is Nitro/Blunt NIE patch ? Where can I get it

thanx all for your patience(especially for my bad english) and help

giovanni