Re: [NTLK] http://www.newtenlightment.de/

From: David Ensteness (denstene_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue May 18 2004 - 11:30:31 PDT

IIR = If I recall.

And the observation about Directory Access / Directory Services is
misleading, its used to have a client access particular services from a
directory server, the protocols and the age of the server may vary but
it works the same regardless.

Here at work I am configuring a 10.3 Server to provide directory
services to our network. Clients will be Windows 2000 Pro, Mac OS 9.1,
Mac OS X v.10.2.8, and Mac OS X v.10.3.3. Directory Services are not a
"Mac thing" they are a manner of configuring network available
services.

So no, Directory Services / Directory Access is used when you want to
work with an Open Directory Master, LDAP server, Active Directory
Server, etc ... not "older Mac servers."

David