Re: [NTLK] Newton-friendly web mail server/account?

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Wed May 19 2004 - 13:16:24 PDT

On May 19, 2004, at 1:09 PM, Thomas Isenbarger wrote:

> Isn't Mail V the replacement (evolution) of SimpleMail? Why would it
> drop POP access when SimpleMail had it?
Sometimes going forward means dropping old stuff.

> Is there another solution? Can I easily determine what settings to use
> for unfamilar wireless networks?
There is no absolute answer to this. Some wireless access points might
block your ports (ie port 25). Some SMTP server (outbound mail) won't
accept your mail from a foreign connection.

Getting a good SMTP server that accepts authentication will fix most of
these connections. (the ones the block port 25 are still an issue).

I can use my comcast smtp server with authentication from anywhere that
port 25 is open.

Hope that helps,
marty