Re: [NTLK] Curing jaggies

From: Frank Gruendel (newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Sun May 23 2004 - 02:07:24 PDT

> ...or make the gap between upper case and screen wider
> by scraping off about 0.1 to 0.3 mm of the uppper case
> lip. That's what cured all my 'jaggied' Newtons.

This helps sometimes, but not always. Before you start
grinding, make sure to take the Newton apart and reassemble
it without the upper case part. That way you will ensure
that nothing will touch the screen that shouldn't. Then
try writing in a way that ONLY the pen touches the screen,
not parts of you hand. If the jaggies persist, grinding
would improve things, but not fix them.
I recently did this to Berthe's Newton. The jaggies were
nearly gone, but not completely. Touching the right edge of
the case ever so slightly brought them back in all their
beauty at once. Blowing at the edge would probably have
had the same effect.
I had the same behavior with Victor's Newton once.

Frank

-- Newton Software and Hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de