Re: [NTLK] [OT] Credit Cards and SSL (was: Found a GREAT DEAL on eMates!)

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_telebyte.nl)
Date: Mon May 24 2004 - 00:30:38 PDT

On 24-mei-04, at 03:06, Betty wrote:
> I noticed that there was no security after I tried to send my credit
> card information. Interestingly, neither my American Express nor my
> VISA card was acceptable to their website so I used PayPal. I hope my
> credit card info is still safe.

I transferred money to a legit company recently over SSL and my credit
card got 'suddenly' used by a shady company.

Hard to prove, but Visa isn't giving me a hard time so far. Spoke with
one of the representatives and if this happens again they'll just issue
me a new card.
Not sure if the others are this laid back about this though...

Robert Benschop