Re: [NTLK] [OT] Credit Cards and SSL (was: Found a GREAT DEAL on eMates!)

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Mon May 24 2004 - 01:19:43 PDT

On May 24, 2004, at 12:30 AM, Robert Benschop wrote:

> I transferred money to a legit company recently over SSL and my credit
> card got 'suddenly' used by a shady company.
>
> Hard to prove, but Visa isn't giving me a hard time so far. Spoke with
> one of the representatives and if this happens again they'll just issue
> me a new card.
> Not sure if the others are this laid back about this though...
So your saying your card was used fraudulently and they didn't close
the account?

That just seems wrong to me. I would call back and have them change
the # and issue a new card just for my own peace of mind...

Personally I don't think the non SSL credit card transfer is a good
idea, but it's not really a big deal either.

There are a lot of easier ways to steal credit card #s.

marty