Re: [NTLK] Newton Connection Kit - MP100

From: Andrés Galluzzi (agalluzzi_at_gmx.net)
Date: Mon May 24 2004 - 09:25:26 PDT

Hello everybody. I'm new in the group and have the same problem. A few days
ago I've bought a Newton MessagePad 120 with the oldtime NewtonOS, and have
no luck to make it run. I've make the cable myself, searching in the
internet and following the specification on how to build it. It's ok, tested
and worked fine, nor the newton. In my 486 DX4-75Mhz nor in my Athlon 2 Ghz.
Particulary in the Athlon I've sniff on the COM port and see how the newton
send a lot of data, but the system don't send anything, it looks like it's
waiting for somenting else. Next, I've build a Windows App that open the COM
port and read the data on it, putting the caracter number of every caracter
arrived on the screen, and for each COM speed it's different. Now, I'm very
confused, on some sites I've read that the Newton with OS other than OS 2
would not work with the NCU but I will work the Backup Utility. No luck with
any of both.

¿May be is different the cable specification for first generation Newton?
¿Whitch connection software SURE work for windows with this kind of Newton?
¿Whitch COM port configuration is the right for this device?

Thank you for you time, and excuse my bad english please.
Andy.

--
NEU : GMX Internet.FreeDSL
Ab sofort DSL-Tarif ohne Grundgebühr: http://www.gmx.net/dsl