Re: [NTLK] password breaker-Emate

From: Brian (bmcewen_at_comcast.net)
Date: Wed May 26 2004 - 16:29:08 PDT

On Wednesday, May 26, 2004, at 05:54 PM, newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net
wrote:

> From: Woody Smith <woody_at_bitstream.net>
> If your mission is to get past the Teacher setup but retain all
> packages and information, do a card backup. Do brainwipe. Restore
> all except System info.
> This seems to have worked for me. A restore of packages only will also
> work

This is likely about to get posted to death, but:

The one I got only had the classroom dock app available, the others
were locked away and not available to users (non-teacher). Without the
teacher password, I decided I was stuck and just wiped everything- you
can't back-up (or connect at all, actually) to NCU with classroom dock,
and I didn't want to bother with getting classroom Exchange or whatever
set up on my laptop just to keep TypetoLearn installed (it's on unna
anyway), since I might have needed a password for Exchange too (no
idea, didn't feel the need to try it).

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that
we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only
unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American
public."
-- Theodore Roosevelt, speaking on President Wilson's crackdown on
dissent after the U.S. entered W.W.I