Re: [NTLK] eMate disassembly - do I *have* to de-solder?/my emate just came

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Thu May 27 2004 - 06:46:13 PDT

Dan wrote:

> BTW-Victor make sure you have a the right size Torx bit/screwdirver. I have
> several and in 17 years of taking computers appart I never ran into a bit I
> couldn't remove...till now. Appranetly I am lacking a T-8 bit (thought I
> was going to check to see if the battery got disconnected tonight....heh
> guess not till I get a T-8 bit).

Yes, I too thought I had a T-8, but no... most general purpose bit sets only
start at T-10. Grrr.

I went to Home De(s)pot last night and picked up a really nice set of Fuller
micro-screwdrivers: T6, T7, T8, T9, T10, T15,, T20, Phillips 0 & 1, and some
slots, with a handle that they attach too. Cost me $13 CAD, but considering
I've been chewing up dollar store micro-screwdrivers for some time, it was
time I got a good set.

I didn't get to the eMate yet, as I also had to replace the rear case on my
fiance's Kodak digital camera - which took a good hour of careful disassembly.