[NTLK] 300 Battery Pack Rebuild and Questions

From: Drew Golden (drew.golden_at_harkonin.net)
Date: Fri May 28 2004 - 20:21:00 PDT

Questions:

I ordered (and got) two 300's from the Rochester Computer guys. Both
are in very similar (and good) condition. I am about to do a brain
wipe on them, but have a few questions:

1.) How can I tell if they are upgraded / enanced with extra memory?
I looked at the bottom and it appears there are two memory slots with
sims in both slots - does that mean they are ugraded?

2.) After the brain wipe, can I easily tell if they were upgraded?

3.) I had read the site that dealt with the batt-pack rebuild. I am
going to attempt this, but can find not rechargables with soldering
clips, so, how hard is it without the clips?

4.) Mac OS X sync? Is it easy? How can I do it with a iMac flatpanel
17" - without spending a bunch of money on a serial port usb adaptor?

cheers,
drew

--
NeoMail - Webmail that doesn't suck... as much.
http://www.neomail.org