Re: [NTLK] Cleaning the screen with isopropyl alcohol is bad

From: Woody Smith (woodysmith_at_comcast.net)
Date: Mon Nov 01 2004 - 16:10:00 PST

In my test alcohol had no effect on the antiglare coating on the eMate,
nor did Testors solvent (methyl ethyl ketone), nor acetone, nor Lacquer
thinner ( a soup of ketones, esters, ethylene glycol's, toluene
isobutal alcohols, etc, nor a mild form of n-methyl-2-pyrrolidone (a
paint stripper) none of these even slightly made it tacky. I still
plan to test a stronger formula of n-methyl-2-pyrrolidone and methylene
chloride (a stronger paint stripper). I am not optimistic since most
of these products can be stored in some form of plastic.
I suspect that abrasion is the only way to remove the antiglare film on
the Newton display.
Alcohol may not be recommended but it does not seem to dissolve the
film.

Woody