Re: [NTLK] Newton in the New York Times

From: Brian Pearce (bpearce_at_cloud9.net)
Date: Wed Nov 03 2004 - 20:29:59 PST

> I feel the same way, and I've noticed this kind of spin is present in
> most of the Newton
> mentions I've seen in the general mass media over the years. At first
> I was annoyed at
> what I thought was the laziness of these journalists who seemed
> content to endlessly
> recycle the same "story" without bothering to find out that their
> story was out of date
> and no longer an accurate reporting of their topic.

It may not have had the depth you're looking for -- but I think it's a
stretch to say it was "no longer accurate." And given that the
MessagePad attracted the most attention in the mainstream media when it
was first introduced -- and subsequently failed -- I'd venture a guess
that this is how most of the general public remember the product (if
they remember it at all). For most people, for better or worse, it's
probably the most notable aspect of the product's history.
BRIAN/bpearce_at_cloud9.net
<http://www.redjacketpress.com>