[NTLK] Promised newly released software from Australia revisited

From: MKow1234_at_aol.com
Date: Sun Nov 07 2004 - 08:42:38 PST

Hello Listees,
I recently announced plans to post a bunch of recently released software for
the Newton, courtesy of a longtime Newton developer in Australia. I've
experienced some delays in posting the software for a couple of reasons, the main
one being that my desktop's internet settings are totally hosed. I'm going to
try copying the files over to my laptop, to upload them that way. It may be my
crappy dial-up ISP, but I never seem to have much luck posting to Victor's
UNNA site (Has anything I've posted EVER) been uploaded there yet?).
I'll try again, I 'spose.

For the record, this collection of previously unreleased materials includes a
couple of really good Newton eBooks, including:

 * a childrens’ activity book

* an electronics technicians’ reference guide

* a very cool illustrated pin-out guide for some "earlier" Apple computers
(no page on Newtons, yet)

Software titles include:

* several Mathematics drill programs for elementary and middle school
students
(this has already been released, I believe)

* some advanced Mathematics calculation tools (matrices, etc)

* a text-based adventure game similar to “Zork”

* a few business-related apps (time mgt. and billing forms for developers)

There are also several "terminal emulator" (I hope that is the right term)
applications, including one that is supposed to allow one to use the Newton's
touchscreen in place of a mouse (with PC systems). I tried this, but I could
not get it working with my WIN 98 machine. It may only work with WIN 95 -- not
sure; must experiment more)

Anyway, I'll try to transfer the stuff over to my laptop and the try to
upload some of this stuff to UNNA. If I don't get confirmation that the stuff has
been uploaded, then I'll have to find my own site to host this for the public.
Maybe I'll have to distribute this stuff on an individual "by request" basis?

[Rant Note: Seems like this would be of more interest than some of the
really esoteric OT postings on this list; I'd love to get some help in hosting this
material for the benefit of the public -- that's all of us. I should think
this would be more important than reminiscing about Steve Jobs, discussing
iPods, Ferdi, and arguing the merits of Newton HWR].

Cordially,

Matt K.

PS My girlfriend has been contributing her editorial skills toward some more
eBook conversions. We should have a few more titles out soon: Charles
Darwin, Chocolate Recipes of Early Twentieth Century, Yoga, Radio Amateur's
Handbook, etc.