Re: [NTLK] newbie: install packages over ir?

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Sun Nov 07 2004 - 13:03:56 PST

On Nov 4, 2004, at 8:54 PM, Rolando Abarca wrote:

> I just recovered my old MP110, and I want to use it now. I want to
> install a few packages I have, but I only have a PB G3 now (OS X &&
> Linux). Is there a way to install a package over IR? will I have to
> install OS 9?

Has this email really not been answered? Well, if not...

Unfortunately, the MP 110 cannot receive IR beams from a PowerBook.
That would require IrDA, which only the latest models (MP2000 and
MP2100 and maybe the eMate) have. If you could find somebody with one
of these models, you should be able to install onto them, and then beam
to your 110. I don't think you will need OS 9. It seems that at least
one X program that can do this (Delivery? Escale? which one?)

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland