Re: [NTLK] Mp3 Playing Newton

From: Cheyanne & Randy (bayoubuddies_at_sbcglobal.net)
Date: Mon Nov 08 2004 - 04:18:36 PST

On Friday, Nov 5, 2004, at 11:50 US/Central, Goodwin, Greg wrote:

> Ok, the big question I have to ask at this point, is there any way=20=

> I can make this any easier? Having Newtons play MP3's are fun, but=20
> really, should I just get a iPod? :) Doc Clu

Hey Doc,

        Go for the iPod. I picked one up this year so I could have a =
rolling=20
jukebox when riding my bicycle on long rides. I've found that there is=20=

almost no better way to get over a big hill or those last miles home=20
against a huge headwind than by by selecting Howling Wolf's "Smokestack=20=

Lightning" and "running away" from all those angry husbands with him.

        It's also nice to have the iPod playing while drawing with the =
Newton.=20
  Others have mentioned streaming via shoutcast and 802.11 to the Newt,=20=

which is good. So is the modplayer, which is much less work for the=20
Newton and mods take up much less memory. I've not looked too hard but=20=

I've not found any Mod versions of Howling Wolf :-).

        BTW, if you're married, just assume you're going to have to buy =
your=20
spouse an iPod, too.

keep it green,

Randy

--=20
How about a new Confederacy that combines the West Coast North Eastern=20=

states and Canada, all joined together in a new Union of Provinces and=20=

States based on rational and democratic principles? This would leave=20
the cowboy heartland and the South to the creationist fate they deserve=20=

=96 not to mention the series of hurricanes that either the global=20
warming they don=92t believe in =96 or the God they do =96 is sending as =
a=20
message to them. --Ian Williams, Alternet