Re: [NTLK] Wireless Help...

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_telebyte.nl)
Date: Mon Nov 08 2004 - 08:24:46 PST

On 8-nov-04, at 17:14, Huxley Dunsany wrote:
> Any ideas? I'd sure love to be (consistantly!) surfing the Web,
> Newton-style...

Fist of all, when trying to get your Newt on-line wirelessly start by
disabling any WEP protection, too often this is the culprit, even more
so with a bronze card (I'm not even sure it supports WEP at all)
It seems to highly depend on the router in question and I don't have
any experience with the Apple base Stations, but my Netgear 314 doesn't
have any problems with the Newt set to leave the DHCP configuration to
the router.
For security I just use MAC-address filtering, never got WEP to work
with my silver card (!)

Robert Benschop