Re: [NTLK] Proxy ebay bidder needed -- quickly

From: Paul Dunford (pauldunfordnyc_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Nov 08 2004 - 13:23:54 PST

I can empathize with not wanting to get "verified" by PayPal - I am
(admittedly) paranoid as h3ll about putting information like that on the
internet. I always go through a credit card to give me one level of
protection - you can always cancel a card and dispute charges should
something go awry. Not because I have any sort of nefarious intentions...

However, my friends are almost all verified and their PayPal charges come
straight out of their bank accounts. Wow, just thinking about that makes my
skin crawl!

I just make sure never to bid on auctions that require you to be verified.
It's never been an issue with me - on eBay there's always someone else
selling. And frankly, when I'm patient, a better deal usually comes along!

Paul Dunford