Re: [NTLK] "Knowledge-Navigator" STOLE MY PICTURE! What should I do?

From: Keith Martin (keith_at_vortex.co.uk)
Date: Wed Nov 10 2004 - 00:30:34 PST

Sometime around 10/11/04 (at 12:07 am -0800) Mark Jozaitis said:

>Hello All,
>After looking on eBay this seller "knowledgenavigator"
>TOOK MY PICTURE, that I spend hours making...

Difficult. You do hold artist's copyright automatically, so using
something you've produced is copyright infringement if done without
permission, clear and simple. But as for what you can do about it...
that's not so simple. Contact him and inform him, politely but
firmly, that it is a breach of copyright for your image to be used by
someone else withot permission?

Without meaning to dismiss the time you put into making that image,
it does look like a fairly straight photo. (Heck, that would have
been the point of your work, right?) He could have assumed it was an
old stock shot, one of Apple's old PR images.