Re: [NTLK] Keyspan serial adapte question - enable/disabling

From: Christopher J. Lowe (christopherjlowe_at_optusnet.com.au)
Date: Wed Nov 10 2004 - 12:07:35 PST

RAParker wrote:

>If you're connecting your Newton and running OS X, more than likely,
>you won't need anything in OS X. But...
>
>I have notice .pkg is used in OSX for installers. So...
>
>I recommend using Package Typer to ensure the owner/type resources are
>correct and then always use the "File->Open" menu, WITHIN the OS9
>application itself, to select the file (i.e. don't double click it).

Yes. Do NOT, I implore you, do NOT change the MacOS X .pkg association.
You run the risk of breaking Software Update and various other things
completely.

I agree with the above... Package Typer should fix your problem. It
changes the chosen package's resource fork's creator codes and file
types, so you're only changing the individual file (rather than a
system-wide association change). I think it's on UNNA. You just drag
packages onto it, and it fixes their association.