Re: [NTLK] Keyspan serial adapte question - enable/disabling

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Wed Nov 10 2004 - 12:14:36 PST

On Nov 10, 2004, at 11:52 AM, RAParker wrote:

> On Wednesday, November 10, 2004, at 04:07 AM, Blake Patterson wrote:
>
>> Newton Package Installer I grabbed for
>> OS 9 does not recognize and .pkg files as ones it can
>> install...
>
> Sounds confusing...
>
> Have you tried Package Typer to change the owner/type resources?
That doesn't sound like the problem...

> If you're connecting your Newton and running OS X, more than likely,
> you won't need anything in OS X. But...
>
> I have notice .pkg is used in OSX for installers. So...
Right, that .pkg is a OSX installer, probably.

> I recommend using Package Typer to ensure the owner/type resources are
> correct and then always use the "File->Open" menu, WITHIN the OS9
> application itself, to select the file (i.e. don't double click it).
>
>> So...how do I re-enable this driver? Do I need to run
>> the Keyspan driver installer each time I disable it?
Running the installer again seems like the easy way now. You can also
apparently not mess with the Kext at all, but simply unplug the
keyspan from the mac, and then then start OS9 and replug it while OS9
is booting...
<snip>

Good Luck,
marty