[NTLK] pardon my ignorance 2100 to WinXP with no serial dongle

From: Dr. Paul Jerry (pajerry_at_memlane.com)
Date: Fri Nov 12 2004 - 12:22:38 PST

Hi again,
I have spent the morning hitting up against the limits of my abilities here:

I have a WinXP laptop & a N2100. I want to be able to connect the two so I can transfer files, backup etc etc. (need to print things, save as text files etc.)

I have:

-tried the Ir port thru 4oMHz' website - no luck (loaded nitro/neo)
- tried the modem-to-modem, no luck (tried the Wiki info, and also tried Kermit, but can't get the laptop modem to answer manually)

I'd appreciate any advice, and backchannel if this is old territory for the list.

Thanks

Paul

Dr. Paul Jerry
Associate Professor, Applied Psychology
Centre for Graduate Education in Applied Psychology
Athabasca University
(866)-313-4373 (toll free)
(403)-528-1451 (local office)
paulj_at_athabascau.ca
www.abcounsellored.net
This communication is intended for the use of the recipient
to whom it is addressed, and may contain confidential,
personal, and/or privileged information. Please contact me
immediately if you are not the intended recipient of this
communication, and do not copy, distribute, or take action
relying on it. Any communications received in error, or